Sunday 29 January 2012

"If It Ain't Stiff It Ain't Worth A ..."

Started off the week designing posters and flyers for my upcoming gig at the Curfew. Im rehearsing a half hour set, mainly originals with a couple of covers to make it palatable for the audience.  
Wednesday night I played an open mic in Bath. The football was on and a lot of musicians were wanting to play so I played a late one, going on past 11pm. On the bill was a local poet, a duo from Cirencester, (who were gigging no stop round the country anywhere they could), a rocker with a big voice, and a student who scatted sax solos over his songs. I went on after the rocker and over sang my set. I felt uptight, I need to somehow practice centering myself.
Had a car service that cost a lot of money which reminded me of last years plan of getting a few paid cover song gigs every month alongside playing my original music. So next week i’m back to convincing pub landlords and landladies that paying me to play "All the best hits from the 60‘s to present day" is a great idea. Wish me luck.
Thursday night with Scott resulted in him laying down some relaxed atmospheric organ, Fender Rhodes and bass on ‘Sad Stories’. The focus is still to have a four track release available to the world by Spring.  
The song I have been listening to mostly this week is Elvis Costello-I want you, an awesome song writer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment